Let's make your orchard or vineyard smarter.
The Smart Robotic Viticulture team, led by Dr Mark Whitty, invents and develops algorithms for image processing which make your agtech personnel and machines smarter and more efficient. Planning and optimisation algorithms have been used to solve industry challenges and improve researcher efficiency. Join us now for a chance to drive the industry forward and increase Australia’s competitiveness on the global stage.
Our Competitive Advantage
- Extensive experience in agricultural and viticultural image sensing and field data collection.
- Robust algorithms backed by ground-truthed data
- Rapidly scalable team, able to adapt to new domains ranging from vines to beaches to warehouse racking to quantum computing!
- Pernod Ricard, the world's second largest winemaker, used data we mined from historical yield estimates to refine their data collection practices in the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
- SwarmFarm applied algorithms we developed for apple flower and canopy density mapping as part of the variable rate sprayer project which is being tested on a commercial orchard in Shepparton, Victoria.
- Plant and Food Research New Zealand used QR code based image processing tools we developed to dramatically simplify data collection in large scale trials for leaf and trunk disease.
- Algorithms we developed for stomate detection and analysis are being used by researchers in paleoecology in the Netherlands.
- Results from field testing of Satellite Based Augmentation Systems were used to inform the Australian Government decision to expand SBAS support in the region.
- Komatsu Japan is implementing patented earth moving algorithms we co-developed with Jose Guivant and Jayantha Katupitiya.